About Our Yarn
Nutmeg Fibers are made with 100% American fibers. We use only the best of US Merino and Alpaca, and beginning in October 2017, mill 100% of our bases at Echo View Fiber Mill in North Carolina. This is a state of the art mill, as well as working farm, that promotes eco-consciousness within fiber production.
Our line of Farm Fibers features wool sourced directly from Tennessee Fibershed area wool farms and is milled for us at Echo View Fiber Mill in North Carolina. We take pride in this project, supporting local fiber farms, and hope to be using 80% Tennessee Fibershed wool by the end of 2017 for this project. Farm Fibers is a labor of love, and we love working with Tennessee farms to make this happen.
Our yarn is hand dyed in small batches, so there are some variations to be expected between dye lots (see more information on this below). We use only natural dyes on all our fibers, and put lots of love into each vat. We recommend only hand washing our fibers in cold water with wool wash such as Euclan, then leaving to air dry. We want you to be completely satisfied with your yarn, so please contact us with any questions.
Thank you so much for ordering from us! We love our Nutmeg Fibers Community! We ship orders out in a timely manner on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, by 5pm CST.
United States - We ship to all US locations straight to your doorstep. We use USPS for our deliveries, and tracking information will be sent out to you as soon as we receive it. Shipping is free for all US customers.
International - We love our international friends! We ship through UPS or USPS (whichever provides the best shipping rate) and will get it to you as soon as possible. We now have a second, No-Rush International Shipping option for a much lower rate, for those of you who live far away but don't need your yarn in a hurry! Choose your preferred international shipping rate during checkout. International shipping time estimates are as follows:
- Canadian Priority Shipping and International Priority Shipping options arrive within an average of 6-10 days of ship date
- No-Rush International Shipping arrives within an estimated 2-3 weeks of ship date
After all the love and care that we put into our products, we feel confident that you will love your order! Please contact us at email@example.com or through our contact form if you feel that your order is not satisfactory. If your item was damaged during shipping, please see more information in the next section. A few notes about returns:
- Skeins must not be opened, wound or used in any way
- Returns are not accepted after 30 days of purchase date
- Returns on skeins will not be accepted due to slight variations in color, or crocking since this is an expected characteristic of hand-dyeing with natural dyes
- Shipping cost on returns will be paid by customer
- If you purchased your skeins from a LYS, they will process your refund
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS ON GIFT CARDS OR PATTERNS
Items Damaged During Shipment
We know that sometimes things get damaged during transit, no matter how much care we may package it with here at Nutmeg Fibers before it leaves our studio. Here's what to do if your package has arrived damaged:
- Please contact us immediately with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We don't process returns for damaged items after 48 hours of your order being delivered
- After we receive your email, we will get in touch with the details on how to return your damaged item
While we dye in small batches, we still dye in sweater quantities so that you can make anything your heart desires with our naturally dyed yarns. Dye lot # is stamped on the back of your skein's label, just below the sticker. If you are hoping to find a certain vat # to match, you can do so when you order. When packaging orders, we always do our best to send skeins from the same dye lot when more than 1 skein is ordered.
Sales tax is only charged for those customers that are located in Tennessee, since that is where we are located as well.